Todays post, I wanted to reflect on some of the changes that I have achieved during my whole weight loss journey. This past week I have really had my lightbulb moment when everything just clicked and I really felt thankful for the simple things in life …
- Being able to wrap a normal size towel around yourself and tuck it in!
- Going out for dinner and enjoying a nice meal, a couple of drinks and not making a guts of yourself because you feel you need to finish the meal!
- Not looking twice at the left overs sitting the bench after dinner or the kids un-eaten food plate anymore because I know when ive had enough.
- Trying new foods, ingredients and cooking techniques
- Not “needing” a treat after dinner anymore.
- Going into a clothes shop, picking up a pair of size 12 jeans and they fit!
- Finally looking at myself in the mirror and liking what I see, yes I know im not finished yet and still have a little way to go, but I can honestly say “I like me” for the first time in many years!
- Waking up 5 mins before your alarm at 3.30am and going into Robot mode to get ready for your gym session, not making excuses why I shouldnt go! I’m finally 100% committed to my training and my new way of life.
- Leaving the gym and a regular saying “see you tomorrow” and knowing you WILL be back tomorrow.
- Running 5k non-stop!
- Always looking to challenge myself in new events, distances and exercises!
- My kids commenting on how “skinny” I am when they hug me now.
- How my weight loss and transformation is inspiring others around me to make positive changes in their lives.
- And finally not punishing myself because I couldn’t meet a PB running today or didn’t loose as much as I wanted this week … and knowing I’ll get there eventually, it may not be today, this week or next but I will get there if I’m consistent!
Total weight loss – 24.6kgs